Welcome to Haringey SENDIASS at Markfield
Who we are
We are a free, impartial and confidential service funded by Haringey Council and provided by Markfield, an independent charity. We offer advice, information and support to parents/ carers and young people from 16 – 25 years old in Haringey with SEND. Please see this short video about the IAS service.
Parents and carers can access our range of support services to get the information and support they need so that their children can be happy and successful in school. We also work directly with children, young people and adults up to the age of 25 years old that have a Special Educational Need or Disability. As part of SENDIASS we run a monthly Family Club, training workshops and group talks on SEND topics.
Our Family Support Team can also offer specialist advice and information on issues such disability benefits, behaviour support, transition & adulthood and guidance on other support services you can access.
What we offer
• Information regarding the local offer, local policy and SEN/ disability law from independently trained staff
• Advice for parent/carers, children and young people on gathering, understanding and interpreting information and applying it to their own situation
• Support in attending meetings, contribution to assessments and reviews and participation in decisions about outcomes for the children or young persons.
• Guidance in directing children, young people and parents to additional support services where needed, including support related to preparing for adulthood.
• Signposting children, young people and parents to alternative and additional sources of local and national information, advice and support.
• Individual casework and representation where needed including support in attending meetings, contributing to assessments and reviews and participating in decisions about outcomes for the child or young person.
• Information on the local authority’s processes for resolving disagreements, its complaints procedures and means of redress.
• Help when things go wrong, including managing mediation, appeals to the First-tier Tribunal for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), school exclusions, and complaints on matters related to SEN and Disability.
What areas we can help with
Education, Health and Care Plans including Annual Reviews
Special Education Needs and Disablilty Support in Schools
Understanding the Special Educational Needs and Disablitiy system
Help to prepare for Appeals and Tribunal Cases
Working directly with Young people with SEND
Who is this service for?
Our impartial service is available to parents of children with SEND, and to young people from the age of 16 up to 25 with SEND.
This service is funded by Haringey Council and provided by Markfield, an independent charity.