Who we help

Haringey SENDIASS is for:

  • Haringey residents who are:
  • Children and young people aged 25 or under who are disabled or need extra help with learning
  • Parents or carers of those children and young people

If your child does not live in Haringey you can get help from the local SENDIASS service in the borough where you live.

How can we help you

SENDIASS can help with:

  • Information about the law on special educational needs and disability (SEND)
  • Understanding local policies and practice in relation to education, health and social care services for children and young people with SEND in Haringey
  • Resolving disagreements, making complaints and appeals
  • Understanding documents and reports and completing paperwork
  • Getting your views heard by the professionals working with your child
  • Signposting to SEND-related services

Please note:  SENDIASS is not able to help with queries about benefits, housing and school admissions for children without special needs. See below for links to other sources of help with these matters:

  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA) claims – there are other staff at Markfield who can help with this.

Telephone:  0203 667 5233  or email:  familyadmin@markfield.org.uk
Also Disability Action Haringey  can help with filling in applications for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) 

Tel: 020 8489 1000   Email:  schooladmissions@haringey.gov.uk