Update on 5th January 2021: Services at the Markfield centre and online
Following the government announcement of the new Covid-19 national lockdown, we regret to say that all clubs and group sessions at the Markfield centre are temporarily suspended.
The start of term for our clubs and drop-ins is now postponed, as we are not able to run any group-based clubs or play sessions at the centre for the time being.
Please check back to this page and social media for updates. We will be re-opening our sessions at the Markfield centre as soon as we are able to.
Markfield online and telephone services
- Friday night weekly online ‘Dance Along’ via zoom – Markfield at Nite and All for One Club members will be sent details of how to join the session
- Our programme of free online training sessions for parents & carers is continuing as planned. Topics include: Positive behaviour management, understanding autism, and understanding the SEN system.
Please click here for details of the courses we are running this term
- Our Special Educational Needs Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) is continuing to run using online and telephone-based support. The helpline operating hours are being extended during the lockdown
- SENDIASS helpline 0208 802 2611 Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5pm, and until 7pm on Wednesdays and 6pm on Thursdays
- Help with Disability benefits claims and appeals – we can offer telephone and video conference meetings to help you to complete the forms – to book a surgery appointment either email: email@example.com or telephone 0203 667 5233
- 1:1 behaviour support advice – we also offer telephone advice surgeries to parents/carers for advice around managing your child’s behaviour
We also hope to be able to re-start our ‘one family at a time’ outdoor play sessions in the adventure playground as soon as we are able to.
For help and advice if you or your family are affected by Covid-19
The Haringey Council website has details of how to access health advice, financial and practical support https://www.haringey.gov.uk/covid-19/help-for-residents
or telephone Haringey Council Connected Communities 020 8489 4431
Covid-19 safety measures at Markfield community centre
We are maintaining the following safety measures to reduce the risks of virus transmission in line with government guidance:
– holding our sessions outdoors as far as possible in our large garden & playground
– asking people NOT to come to the centre if they have any covid-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive
– asking everyone to wash their hands (or use sanitiser) upon entering the building
– asking visitors and staff to wear masks or visors (where possible) whilst in shared areas and to observe social distancing
– extra cleaning before each session