Update: services at the Markfield centre and online
13th April 2021
We are re-opening a range of services at the Markfield centre.
For details of our covid safety measures we have in place at the centre please see below.
Children and youth clubs
All our children and youth term-time after school clubs are running as usual.
For more information please contact Jamie Seaden, Play and Youth Services Manager, on 0203 667 3232 or email email@example.com
Our club sessions in the Markfield building for adults with learning disabilities are re-starting from Monday 19th April. For more information please contact Roz Corrigan, Adult Services Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday family playground sessions
Book online to join our family play outdoor play sessions: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/markfield-adventure-playground-open-access-tickets-122208989377
Children’s play drop-ins
- Monday after school play drop-in: the playground is open from 3.30 to 6pm on Mondays for free drop-in play sessions for children aged 8 to 15 years (no parents).
- Thursday Stay and Play for under 5s and parents/carers re-opens from 22nd April for outdoor play : 12.00 to 2.30pm.
Advice services and training
Details of our programme of free online training sessions for parents & carers for the summer term is here
Our Special Educational Needs Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) helpline 0208 802 2611 is open on Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5pm, and until 7pm on Wednesdays and 6pm on Thursdays
Help with Disability benefits claims and appeals
We can offer telephone and video conference meetings to help you to complete the forms. Where needed we can offer face to face appointments.
We also offer surgeries 1:1 to parents/carers for advice around managing your child’s behaviour.
To book a surgery appointment either email: email@example.com or telephone 0203 667 5233
Support for parents and carers
Parent support drop-ins are opening at Markfield from 21st April onwards:
- Friday parent support drop-in 10am to 12
- Transition & adulthood group (for parents/carers of disabled young people and adults) Fridays 10am to 12
- Turkish speaking group on Wednesdays 10am to 12
For help and advice if you or your family are affected by Covid-19
The Haringey Council website has details of how to access health advice, financial and practical support https://www.haringey.gov.uk/covid-19/help-for-residents
or telephone Haringey Council Connected Communities 020 8489 4431
Covid-19 safety measures at Markfield community centre
We are maintaining the following safety measures to reduce the risks of virus transmission in line with government guidance:
– holding our sessions outdoors as far as possible in our large garden & playground
– asking people NOT to come to the centre if they have any covid-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive
– asking everyone to wash their hands (or use sanitiser) upon entering the building
– asking visitors and staff to wear masks or visors (where possible) whilst in shared areas and to observe social distancing
– extra cleaning before each session
A copy of our covid-19 risk assessment and mitigation measures is available on request.