Update 3rd November 2020: Markfield services during the lockdown
In line with the Government guidance we will be making some changes to our services at Markfield community centre for the four weeks from 5th November to 2nd December.
Advice and Information services
- The Special Educational Needs Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) will continue during lockdown. We are extending the hours of the telephone helpline
- 020 8802 2611 Open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5pm (and until 7pm on Wednesdays, and 6pm on Thursdays)
- Family support: you can book telephone and online zoom appointments for free advice with disability benefit applications and signposting to local services, and to have a chat with our family support team staff. (Face-to-face socially-distanced appointments are also available if needed.) ring: 0203 667 5233 or email: email@example.com
Parent and family drop-ins
- Our Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday parent support groups and family drop-ins will NOT be running during November. The November Saturday Family Club is cancelled.
- A new service we are offering, free during the lockdown is covid-safe individual outdoor play sessions for one family at a time in the Markfield adventure playground.
- These will be running on Thursdays Fridays and Saturdays.
- You must book individual play sessions in advance – to book your place ring: 0203 667 5233 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Children and youth clubs
- The after school clubs will continue to run during the lockdown (in line with Government guidance that children’s respite services are allowed). The club term ends on 30th November.
- We are offering a Monday after school outdoor drop-in play session in our playground for children aged 8 to 15 years on from 3.30pm to 5pm. This will be for children only, with limited numbers and supervised by playworkers.
- Our adults clubs will NOT be running at Markfield during November (Art Engine and All for One club on Mondays, Cosmos Club on Tuesdays, and Markfield at Night).
- Instead all club members will be offered other services (Roz Corrigan will be in contact soon to tell you more about these):
- Online dance sessions and social meet-ups
- Walks in local parks
- Art activities to do at home
- Online yoga sessions
- Our parent training workshops are all being run online via zoom in November
- The Stepping Stones training course for parents and children under 5 – the sessions in November are being offered online via zoom rather than at Markfield
We have put in place a range of safety measures to reduce the risks of virus transmission and to ensure we comply with government guidance. These include:
– holding our sessions outdoors as far as possible in our large garden & playground
– asking people NOT to come to the centre if they have any covid-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive
– asking everyone to wash their hands (or use sanitiser) upon entering the building
– asking visitors and staff to wear masks or visors (where possible) whilst in shared areas and to observe social distancing
– extra cleaning before each session